Follow us on Twitter E-Mail Feed

Warming fish soup

Before moving to Finland I didn't really like soups even if in Italy we have many good soups, like for example our famous minestrone.
But I just wasn't a fan of them, and when mom wanted to make soup for dinner I wasn't really excited about it.

Things changed drastically when I came here. The harsh Finnish winter did the magic trick and suddenly a warm soup was the best food during cold days :D

That's why I started to cook soups here in Finland, little by little, learning from my mistakes. Now I can say that I can make good soups (although my bf doesn't appreciate them since he doesn't like soups altogether!).

The following is recipe for a simple, colorful and tasty fish soup.


Since my bf doesn't eat it, there's always some leftovers. So I put the leftover soup in a container and in the fridge. The day after I reheated it for lunch and I must say that reheated soup tastes much better than just made (and also the photo looks prettier when the sun shines!).



Ingredients (2 persons):
  • about 300 g fish like salmon or alaskan pollock (can be frozen)
  • 5 dl water
  • 1 fish bouillon cube
  • 1 bag (200 g) of frozen veggie mix
  • 2 potatoes
  • 2 tbs tomato paste
  • chives
  • salt & black pepper

Directions:
Chop chives finely. Peel, wash and cut the potatoes in cubes.
Boil the water and drop in it the fish bouillon cube. Add potatoes and frozen veggies and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
Then add the fish pieces, tomato paste and chives. Mix well and add salt and pepper up to taste. Let the soup boil, then turn down the heat and cook until the fish is ready.
Serve with a slice of rye bread.

6 comments:

misao said...

OMG this looks sooo yummy!
I'm not usually fan of fish in soup, I like better fish in the oven etc.. but this looks so yummy *-*
I want to try this one out for the weekend! *-*

Wonderland said...

Aha! I'm glad that you like the recipe, it is indeed a very good soup :)

Laura said...

For me it is a bit of hit and miss with soups, too... Hey, if you want to try, this is my favourite soup: http://www.abc.net.au/local/recipes/2006/05/23/1645200.htm Easy to make and really tasty. I am going to make a big pot of that again today.

Wonderland said...

Hello Laura,
that soup sounds yummy too. I love chicken soup! My version is a bit different than the one you posted tho :D

Sugarcat said...

My favourite is tomato soup.. and asparagus soup.. and champignon soup...
soup..
soup...
soup is yummy! XD

Wonderland said...

Never tasted tomato soup XD
But I wanna try to make onion soup!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...